Friday, January 11, 2013

Yesterday

A year ago today I was recovering from a C-section. I was keeping the breast pump accessories company in business, and I was up every three hours. A year ago today I was chasing an 18 month old around trying to take the pacifier away from him that he had taken from his tiny baby brother; and I'm still doing that today. A year ago today I was buying a size 1 diaper and carrying a bulky diaper bag. I was timing every single outing around feeding times and bathing tiny little toes and fingers. A year ago today I was praying for "normal" and a few hours of sleep, and a shower. A year ago today I was snuggling my innocent sleeping boy wondering how in the world I would ever raise my voice or use his middle name. For the record, I now use his middle name on average at least 10 times a day, and he finds it wildly hilarious because I'm usually chasing him when I do.
A year ago today a tiny little whimper brought me running; today if he hasn't turned red in the face from screaming, I still have a minute. A year ago today I let my husband have it for suggesting a date night without him; I just finished arranging babysitting for while I am gone a week in the DR with Kevin. For the record I cry every time I think of leaving him!

How can so much change in just 12 short little months???
How can it be possible that my teeny tiny little baby is saying Dada, and feeding the dog his chicken nuggets, and emptying the DVD cases? How is it that he knows how to throw temper tantrums if you say no and is naturally attracted to rolls of toilet paper? How is it possible that he is standing and trying to walk and can eat an entire slice of pizza by himself? How is it possible that he made his big brother cry yesterday from biting him?
And so I resolve this year to enjoy every single second. Even the teething, and potty training and late night homework sessions. I don't want to miss one single moment!!

No comments:

Post a Comment