Saturday, November 10, 2012

Caleb

A few days ago, my darling husband asked me if I was planning on writing blogs on each of the boys. I told him that I had planned on it. He chuckled and shook his head. "Good luck writing the one on Caleb!"
Ask anyone of us and even on the most exhausting day, we would all tell you that we are thankful that Caleb is part of our lives. We will probably be rolling our eyes and shaking our heads, but even the brothers kind of like having the little turkey around; even if its for the sole reason that he takes the attention and disciplinary actions off of them.
Caleb was one of the easiest babies in the world. He slept 13 hours through the night when he was just a month old. He was oh so happy all of the time and cute as a button. At just nine months he became very mobile and we were given a frightening glimps of what this child might be capable of.
When dividing up the kids, the equal division goes, Caleb and then the rest of the boys, and we will argue over who gets the three. At night when he is tucked in his bed sleeping away with Liam's pacifier in his mouth that he had hidden under his bed, we smile down at him and comment on how adorable he is. In the morning when we get up for the day, we threaten anyone who wakes him up. Wake everyone up if you must, just not Caleb!
Even our babysitter has threatened to start charging us double to watch him!
Caleb has a talent for scaling any height and for scouring the darkest corner to get to a pacifier. I am honestly worried that if we don't find a support group soon, the pacifier will soon become a permanent part of his mouth. Can't find Caleb? Look under the crib; look in the pantry; look in the drier. You will find him in any of these places, sucking on a pacifier.
Caleb recently dicovered a love of coffee. As if uncaffeinated Caleb wasn't ....amazing enough. We told him there were yucky caffein bugs in coffee. Now he goes around crying for caffein bugs; Starbucks is the caffein bug place! One night he ran back and forth across the living room making siren noises after drinking half of my coffee. He didn't even take breaths!! We sat on the couch watching him in terror!
He watches Backyardigans and Veggie Tales incessantly, and he sings Taylor Swift songs at the top of his lungs. He loves to use the word actually and he is obessed with Q-tips. The other day we were walking through the store. Next to a display of candy was a rack of Q-tips. Caleb starting yelling at the an impressive decible with imense enthusiasm. "mommy, Q-tips!!!"
I have no idea what I did with all of my time and energy before Caleb became part of my life!
Caleb loves his brothers! He can't wait to hug Liam every morning and he always makes sure his older brothers know how much he misses them when they are at school. He meets his daddy at the door everyday as if Kevin has just come back from years away at war.
Caleb loves to hug. He hugged the Schwan's man the other day...although when he brings Rocky Road ice cream, who can blame him? The other day I was in a restaurant when I turned around to find that Caleb had a stanger's baby in a headlock, smooching the poor unsuspecting child full on the mouth!
I am so glad God decided my life was a little too boring and needed massive amounts of excitment. There is something so incredibly unique about Mr. Caleb, and I can't wait to see all that God has for him! I pray that his heart will always be big. I pray that he will live life to the absolute fullest and always smile at the future. I pray that his loyalty and passion, touch everyone he meets and makes this world a better place.
Thank you God for my gift of Caleb!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment