Monday, November 5, 2012

My Rock

Ok its like day 4 or 5, (wait what day is it???) and this is my second proclamation of thanksgiving, but I am currently up to my eyeballs in sewing Egytian costumes and writing research papers on chicken pox.
Today I am thankful for my husband. His name is Kevin, he is hot, and he is way way older than me! He is bi-polar on Sunday during football season and addicted to Starbucks. He makes me laugh and roll my eyes and feel like the most special girl in the world.
If there is an easy way to do something, he will find every other possible way to do it. Without his iphone, he would be sitting on the side of the road three hours in the wrong direction at any given time. If there is a problem with my car, he can fix it, and if I need a lightbulb changed he'll do it....within the year!
My husband is one of the most caring people I have ever met! He spends every day working at a job that is taking care of hungry little children all over the world. He dedicates himself to speaking up for those you can't speak up for themselves.
He is an amazing husband. He is my defender and protector. The sholder I cry on and the other sholder I punch when he makes fun of me. He does dishes almost every night and he changes a diaper every other month! He has stuck with me through the hardest times of a marriage and through the most happy and romantic times. He is my best friend!
Kevin loves being a dad, even when he realizes that his two-year-old is snapping his DVD's in half. He loves roasting marshamllows with his boys....and a heating gun. He plays catch in the backyard and will talk to his boys about anything they want to talk about. At Christmas I usually only have to remind him a few times that we bought the toys for the kids and that he should probably let them have a turn.
Kevin has tought me so much! How to tell what year a Chevelle is; how to forgive when its the hardest thing in the world to do; how to laugh at myself realizing that tomorrow its not going to seem so devastating. He has taught me how to properly put the roll of toilet paper on the dispenser and that duct tape really can fix anything. He has taught me that a fishing trip where only one fish is caught is indeed a successful fishing trip!
Just last night he drove across town to deliver the wolds heaviest tv that he sold for $20 on craigslist, for a young mom who couldn't fit it in her car and had just moved here by herself with her 20 month old little girl, after her husband headed off to Korea for a year. True he spent the money that he made on gas, but that people is my man!!!
He is an amazing man, friend and lover and I am FOREVER thankful that I get to spend the rest of my life by his side!!

No comments:

Post a Comment