Thursday, November 1, 2012

Micah

I have friends who every year use November to say what they are thankful for every day of the month. While I will never have the time to actually verbalize it, I'll do my best to think of something new every day and whisper it to myself in the shower, which very well could be the thing I am thankful for.
I must confess I have gotten into a bad habit of reciting to myself al of the things that I am frustrated about; this is making my shower longer and longer and then our water bill goes up and I irritated with one more thing!
So today I am thankful for my oldest son, Micah. He is turning into such an incredible boy! He'll be 7 in 3 months. If you ask him he already has the days counted down until his birthday!
It really doesn't feel like its been 7 years since I laid in a hospital bed crying my eyes out convinced that this baby would NEVER come into the world! He had to be helped along by a C-section and he was very purple from his reluctance to leave his little cucoon, but I have never felt that kind of love as they handed me my son.
I knew I would do anything for him! I purposed to be the perfect mother to him and never yell and make sure he ate broccoli and could read by the time he was two. I didn't do any of those things, but in spite of my imperfect mothering he is turning out ok!
True, he does like to see if he can make his classmates laugh by sticking rocks in his ears and up his nose, and he thinks its hilarious to leave plastic spiders in my jammie drawer, and that its awesome to watch Star Wars every day, but its probably the lack of broccoli I feed him.
Micah is one of the most caring people I know. Unless he's yelling at his brother or fighting with his carpool "sister" he can't stand seeing other people hurting. He gets upset when he sees other people being picked on, an he will confront anyone who dares to look at his brothers cross-eyed.
His smile can turn my whole day around! I don't know why God saw fit to give me such an incredible blessing, but he did and I will thank Him for it every single day of my life.
I pray that someday Micah will grow to be a man that loves God with his whole heart and seeks to serve him every day. I pray that he learns how love his wife with a selfless love and never ever stop pursuing her. I pray that he kisses his kids every day and knows that throwing a ball around in the backyard, has much more eternal value than working longer hours to make a few more bucks.
Thank you God for an amazing gift! Thank  you for giving me Micah!!

No comments:

Post a Comment