Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Surprise Miracles

Confession: I am currently supossed to be working on finding a cause for night leg cramps in a middle aged woman and writing a convincing plan for combatting said leg cramps, but all I can come up with is, give up your tennis for soap operas. Since I know my teacher won't accept this treatment plan, I decided to turn on the TV. I freaked out when I heard who they were predicting to win today's election and ate 5 Snicker Bars. Since eating massive amounts of sugar and biting my nails off wasn't being productive in helping me procrastinate, I decided to blog!
Today I am immensly thankful for my Kyler bug!
I was told I couldn't have children. We used fertility measures to conceive our first and were somewhat shocked at how easy the process was. When that first kiddo was only 7 months old, I found out I was 2 months along with an all natural and shocking pregnancy.
Kyler has been consistent in keeping us in a state of shock ever since!
When he was little he was infamous for changing his own diaper and hiding the dirty one in any conceivable place. At two he emptied an entire pan of lasagna on the white living room floor while I was getting dressed.
At three he got a peanut stuck in his nose; at 4 he broke his foot; at 5 he broke his collar bone.
Kyler is fascinated with anything that he is not allowed to do! But he has discovered so much! Like how shocked people act when you tell them that the woman dragging you through the store is not your mommy. How loud the neighbor girl screams when she notices a little boy peeing out in the yard next door. How hard you hit your head on the wall at the bottom of the stairs when you ride the laundry basket down them.
Kyler loves to laugh. His giggle is the most contageous thing I have ever heard. Kyler also holds the world record on how many questions one little boy can possibly ask. "What would happen if I stuck that quarter in the electrical socket?" "How did I get here?" "Do you think God could make a real light saber?"
Kyler loves to cuddle, especially after he has been told to go to bed. Those are the best cuddle times ever! Kyler has been named, "The best friend in class" in school, and is one of the most loyal kids I know.
Once when describing one of his friends who had a different skin color, he described hair color and height and clothing, but never once did he mention that his friend had a different appearance than himself.
Kyler is the best surprise I have ever received and every time I think of my shock and surprise I laugh out loud. I am so glad God knew we needed Kyler, even if we didn't. Our family wouldn't be the same without him!
I pray that Kyler is always thankful for the person God created him to be. I pray he continues to love and care about people. I pray that he never gets tired of asking questions and uses his discoveries to honor God and his fellow man.
I pray that he will be all God created him to be and will always choose to see the good in everyone and every circumstance. I pray that he will always have a soft heart!
I am so thankful for my Kyler bug and I thank God every day for the miracle that is my little boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment