Sunday, November 18, 2012

My Little Angel

10 and a half months ago I once again welcomed a male child into my world. He was huge and stubbornly refused to nurse, and I knew he was exactly the little kid that could survive three older brothers who were rather lacking in the "children should be seen but not heard" department.
As Liam is Caleb's brother, we are all holding our breath waiting to see just how much of the "Caleb" gene he possesses.
Because of the problems Liam had with his ears and needing ear tubes, he is kind of behind on talking. The day that he started saying "dada" I rolled my eyes. Of course he would say daddy first, as if daddy was the one who got up in the middle of the night and came back to bed with spit up running down his legs, or cleaned up the diaper that managed to located its contents clear up to Liam's ears, or sat with carrots splattered all over his face when Liam decided to show his impressive raspberry talent at lunch time.
But mama had to be next, right?
Nope!
It was Micah! Come one! Mama is a lot easier than Micah! Next it was Kyler, then baba, and possibly hi. By this time I was thinking the kid would say supercalifragilisticexpialidocious, before he said mommy. But finally last week Mr. Liam was crying for his bottle. I was doing dishes and trying to tune him out long enough to get the day old spaghetti off of the bowl. In desperation, on a sob, he broke down and wailed, "MAMA!" 
I dropped the pan, spaghetti and all and started hollering. Liam stopped crying mid-wail, and with terror in his huge eyes, stared at his crazy mama. I gave him his bottle, heck I gave him two! After he was done, I encouraged him to say it again. He did and again I jumped around the room cheering! Liam dissolved into tears of fear. I forgot about his reaction and did this 3 or 6 or possibly 10 more times. Needless to say Liam doesn't say mama very much anymore.
On a side note, we think he says Caleb too, only it sounds like a high pitched please-someone-save-me scream. 
Liam means "protective". I can't help wondering if there is something very unique that Liam was created for, something special that God has him here to "protect". Of course Kevin reminds me that very few mothers think, yeah that's a kid who will probably be a high school drop out, with no future and very little potential. But I still think my kid is something special!
I thank God for Liam. I thank God that Liam is Liam and not "Leah" like I thought he should have been =). I thank God for my special little boy that completed the "Wilson brotherhood". He is an incredible joy to our family!!
I pray that Liam will stand firm in his faith and have clear direction in life. I pray that he will have a purpose worth dying for and live every day to the absolute fullest. I pray that he will be kind and gentle and humble. I pray that he will always love his brothers like he does now and that all 4 boys will be best friends until the day they die. I pray that Liam will be an incredible protector of justice, and will change the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment